The new Franklin dog park will be located in the open space bound by Nullarbor Avenue and Oodgeroo Avenue. This location was the only site in Franklin to meet the necessary criteria required for a dog park. This included:
- suitable zoning
- suitable land size
- sufficient distance from homes
- opportunity to provide car parking.
You can review the full selection matrix below or download the PDF.
A draft concept plan has been developed for community feedback.
Features of the plan include:
- welcoming ‘bark and play’ signage
- accessible loop path
- gravel car park area and bike rails
- 1.5 metre black chain link fence
- area with picnic shelter, seating and drinking fountain
- dog agility area with some play elements
- irrigated grass area for ball and frisbee play
- deciduous trees for canopy cover.
Once you have reviewed the Franklin dog park concept plan, you're invited to provide feedback by:
Consultation closes 9 November 2022 with construction on the new dog park expected to commence in 2023.