Two potential sites were identified for the new Lanyon dog park as shown on the map below:
- Option 1 – the open space on the corner of Jim Pike Avenue and Woodcock Drive Gordon
- Option 2 – the open space between Point Hut Pond and the McGilvray Close Gordon.
The shortlisted sites were assessed against specific criteria to determine their suitability for the new dog park. The criteria included:
- suitable zoning
- suitable land size
- sufficient distance from homes
- opportunity to provide car parking.
The open space on the corner of Jim Pike Avenue and Woodcock Drive in Gordon was selected as the preferred location for the Lanyon dog park as it was the only option to meet all of the above criteria.
Learn more by reading the location analysis matrix below. You can also download a PDF version.
A draft concept plan has been developed for the new Lanyon dog park for community feedback.
The proposed design includes:
- 3630m2 fenced dog park
- two airlock style entrance gates
- bike rail, bin and signage at entrance
- accessible gravel loop path
- small picnic shelter, seating and drinking fountain
- grass play area
- dog agility area
- area for dog training marquee or coffee van
- native trees for canopy cover
- 1.8 metre high black chain link fence
- crushed granite car park.
Once you have reviewed the draft concept plan, please provide feedback by:
Consultation closes Sunday 9 November 2022 with construction on the new dog park expected to commence in 2023.