Name the Cranes!
Students from Hughes Primary, Curtin Primary, Malkara School, Lyons Early Childhood School and children who live in Grand Central Towers were recently invited to submit their creative suggestions to name the cranes.
Help us name the cranes by choosing your favourite names from the shortlist.
The cranes will take on the two names with the most votes! The final crane names will be displayed on this page.
The winning names will be printed on flags to be flown from each of the cranes.
Voting closes on Friday 6 October!
Cast your vote below.
- Final crane names decision will be determined by public vote from the selected shortlist.
- Only one vote per person.
- Any attempt to automate votes for particular entries will result in the removal of that entry.
About the cranes
- The cranes onsite are called ‘luffing’ cranes and lift loads by moving the arm vertically.
- Each can lift up to 24 tonnes of weight and stand seven stories tall.
- To minimise pollution and noise the cranes are entirely electric.
- The cranes are equipped with a system that prevents them from swinging loads beyond the site boundary, avoiding neighbouring buildings and public spaces.
- The cranes will be onsite for approximately 12 months.