The design will cater for community recreation, nature restoration and nature conservation. The design will:
- Support restoration and nature conservation activities
- Protect native species including threatened box-gum grassy woodland, natural temperate grassland, Pink-tailed Worm-lizards, Superb Parrots and Swift Parrots.
- Offer recreational experiences for the community that
have a low impact on the environment
- The park will concentrate public activity into safe and durable recreational areas such as paths and boardwalks to help reduce impacts on the river corridor and habitats.
- Enhance Indigenous connections to culture
- The park will provide opportunities for Ngunnawal cultural connection to Country activities, interpretation and Caring for Country activities.
Find out more about the nature space and see the proposed designs