Thank you for your feedback. Our activities are now closed. We will publish a listening report of what we learned from you here soon.
What we looked at
The ACT Government is looking at how the future design of its Child, Youth and Family Services Program (CYFSP) can best support children, young people and families in our community whose needs are not being met through their existing support networks.
To do this, we wanted to hear directly from the community about what is working and what could be improved.
We ran workshops and surveys for young people and their families, as well as frontline workers working with young people.
We asked them:
- How do young people and families find the services they need?
- Are the services easy to access and meet their needs?
- If a young person or family accesses one service how easy is it to link up with other services they may need?
- What can we do to improve people’s experience?
We thank everyone who shared their experiences and views with us. We will share a listening report of what we heard here soon.
These engagements were undertaken as part of the commissioning of the CYFSP. You can learn more about the collaboration and engagement activities that have been undertaken as part of that process by visiting the CYFSP commissioning website.
Support is available
We understand telling us about your experience may have made you feel sad or upset, especially if you experienced neglect, abuse or trauma and need or needed support as a child or young person.
You may like to contact one of the services below for support:
- Blue Knot Foundation Helpline: Provides help, information, support or referral for adult survivors of childhood trauma and abuse, their partners, family and friends, health professionals and anyone working with people who have experienced childhood trauma and abuse. Call 1300 657 380, 9am–5pm AEST 7 days a week or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kids Helpline: A free 24/7 confidential and private counselling service specifically for children and young people aged 5 to 25. Call 1800 55 1800 anytime, talk online anytime, or email email@example.com.
- Lifeline: Provides 24-hour crisis counselling, support groups, and suicide prevention services. Call 13 11 14 anytime, text 0477 13 11 14 12pm–12am AEST 7 days a week, or talk online 7pm–12am AEST 7 days a week.
- 1800 Respect: Australia’s national sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling service. Call 1800 737 732 or talk online anytime.