How you had YourSay:
In August 2019 we asked businesses within City West for feedback to assist us plan the next stage of Light Rail. Businesses shared their views by:
- Providing operational information through a feedback survey
- Discussing the project face-to-face via door knocking activity
- Engaging face to face at a project information session
- Commenting on social media or through formal government channels
More than 360 businesses were door knocked with information left for those not available to discuss the project. Over 40% of businesses have provided feedback surveys, with the majority of businesses also providing feedback after being engaged directly. The team also met with 50+ business representatives at our Coffee Drop In on the 22nd August, along with various industry bodies to discuss impact mitigation and preferred methods of communication.
What we looked at:
Specifically, we asked businesses for feedback on:
- trading hours, weekly or yearly peak operating times
- how customers access goods and services, signage and marketing considerations
- logistics around deliveries and waste, staff and client parking, and access
- general awareness of light rail to date and the future expansion of the network
- how we best communicate with businesses moving forward
In addition to these key themes, businesses were also encouraged to share their views on the Gungahlin to the City light rail route, along with the current planned extension of the route to Woden.
How we will use your views:
The feedback received during this consultation period has provided valuable insight into individual business requirements in City West. This information will be critical to the ACT Government in planning construction schedules of light rail to Woden, and how we can support businesses on an ongoing basis in City West.