Project status: Closed
How you had YourSay
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the recent shared e-scooter scheme expansion. Consultation has closed.
The community and stakeholders were invited to provide feedback on how the implementation of the scheme in the new operating areas met their needs through an interactive map or via written submissions between:
- 12 September and 24 October 2022 (for expansion to Gungahlin and Woden)
- 8 December 2022 to 10 February 2023 (for expansion to Tuggeranong, Molonglo and additional areas of Weston Creek and Woden Valley).
What We Heard Reports which summarise feedback received during the above two engagement periods are available.
- What We Heard Report: shared e-scooter scheme expansion to Gungahlin and Woden
- What We Heard Report: shared e-scooter scheme expansion to Tuggeranong, Molonglo and additional areas of Weston Creek and Woden Valley.
Canberra’s popular e-scooter scheme is now available across Canberra. In September 2022, the scheme was successfully expanded to the areas of Gungahlin and Woden. In December 2022 the scheme expanded even further to include Tuggeranong, Molonglo and additional areas of Weston Creek and Woden Valley.
We are looking at
The shared e-scooter scheme has proven very popular with about 2,900 trips per day taken since the scheme began in September 2020 – that’s over 2.4 million completed trips.
E-scooters provide the community with more convenient options for short trips on their own or combined with public transport. This is particularly important in helping people to rethink their routine as we experience traffic disruption in the city with major infrastructure projects.
From Friday 9 December 2022, shared e-scooters are now available across Canberra making our city home to one of the world’s largest shared e-scooter schemes (covering a total area of 132km2!).
The latest expansion includes:
- Wanniassa, Oxley, Monash and Greenway as well as parts of Bonython and Isabella Plains in Tuggeranong
- the suburbs of Coombs and Wright in Molonglo
- expanding the Weston Creek operating area to include the suburbs of Holder, Waramanga and parts of Stirling
- the extension of the Woden operating area to include the suburbs of Pearce, Torrens and Farrer.
For more information on the shared e-scooter scheme including rules and tips for e-scooting safely visit the Transport Canberra website.
We will use your views to
Feedback received from the community will be used to review and refine the implementation of the shared e-scooter scheme in the expanded areas.