Project status: In progress
How you had YourSay
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on the Kaleen play space upgrade. Feedback closed Wednesday 9 November 2022.
We are currently reviewing all feedback and look forward to providing an update once this is complete.
The ACT Government is committed to delivering better spaces across Canberra and providing people of different ages and abilities with fun, creative and engaging play experiences.
The community was invited to help shape the upgrade of one Kaleen play space by:
- reviewing the analysis of the play space upgrade location selection
- completing the survey
- visiting a pop-up
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The community was also invited to provide feedback on play space improvements in Lyons.
Both play space consultations closed Wednesday 9 November 2022.
We are looking at
The ACT Government has reviewed play spaces in Kaleen and identified the Wakool Circuit play space as the preferred location for an upgrade. Regular users of Kaleen play spaces and the wider community are encouraged to have a look at the analysis undertaken prior to providing feedback.
The community is also invited to help shape the design for the Kaleen play space upgrade by telling us the mix of new amenities and play opportunities they would like to see included.
The Kaleen play space upgrade could feature:
- a variety of new play equipment such as climbing structures, balancing equipment and swings
- new amenities such as bike racks, furniture and shade trees
- safety and accessibility upgrades such as lighting, fencing or path improvements
- diverse play elements such as nature play, basketball hoops, fitness equipment and learn to ride tracks to cater to diverse age groups and all abilities play elements such as basket swings and activity boards.
We will use your views to
Feedback from the community will be used to inform the design process.